Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tanabe Landscapes


Tanabe Landscape I
acrylic on wood
2" x 2" x 1/4"(approximate)

This one was originally in watercolor. It is along the same river as Tanabe Landscape II. Maryji Mom mentioned liking it and it is posted on the blog. So thinking I would mail it to her, I sealed it with an acrylic medium. Unfortunately, this was not appropriate since it was watercolor. So, I tried to replicate the landscape in acrylic. It has a different mood but similar colors.



Tanabe Landscape II
acrylic on wood
2" x 2" x 1/4"(approximate)

This study is done on the same wood discs as the stamped animals in previous posts. I have made several studies in pencil and watercolors of the river by the Shimin Sogo Center. I often ride my bike along the dike road to get to several of my schools. Many koi, turtles, heron, crows and kormorans call it home.


No comments: